We had a fabulous first day of school! Thank you for sharing your most precious children with us. Here are a few reminders to help the beginning of school go smoothly for all:
- MASS: We have our all school Mass for Grades 1 – 3 on Wednesday, 8/15, at 8:15 a.m. You are all welcome to join us as we celebrate the Feast of the Assumption of Mary. All students are to wear their official uniform with the white shirt and crest. It is fine for the boys to wear their navy uniform shorts due to the hot weather. All shirts must be tucked in, please.
- DISMISSAL: Please let your child’s teacher know which lot you would like to use for dismissal. This week is a good time to try the upper and the lower lots and decide which is more convenient for you. Please be sure to read the note explaining the morning and afternoon procedures: Morning Drop Off and Dismissal Procedures Once you decide which lot you want to use to pick up your child, please write a note to the teacher so she has your child in the right line. Thank you!
- Please remember to always stay in ONE line at morning drop off. Never pass the cars on the right side because children often exit on that side. Thank you for helping to keep our children safe.
- We will dismiss at 3:00 for the rest of this week. Please remember that every Monday theLafayette Catholic Schools will dismiss early at 2:30 for Teacher In-Service meetings.
- LUNCH TOWEL: Please remember to send a cloth lunch towel with your child every day. This helps to protect our tables and helps with spills. Thank you!
- JOY: Ask your child what J – O – Y stands for at St. Mary! (Answers are in the PBIS Parent Manual on the Parent Portal)
As always, please let us know of any questions or of any way we can make your experience at St. Mary Cathedral School a positive one!